Friday, June 15, 2012

Thank you Jesus

So I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to write and suddenly something kinda hit me. If I'm trying to figure out what to write on my blog, that means I can read and write. That also means I have at least some form of education. If I'm blogging that means I have the internet that I pay monthly for. If I have the internet that means I have a computer that is paid for. If I have a computer that means I have electricity that I pay monthly. If I have electricity that means I have running (warm) water. It also means I have heat and air conditioning. (Probably) So it's like this...If I have all of those things then I am in the top 5% of the worlds WEALTH, not just income but of the worlds WEALTH. Now I'm not going to go on a rant about all the starving kids in Africa or all of the child prostitutes in India...I should, but I'm not going to...
What I am going to do however is let you in on a little secret...Not only am I rich because of the love of God, but I am also rich by the standards of the world. You know what, I am kinda gonna go on a rant...The reason we ever feel like we are poor is because we are looking at what we don't have instead of what we do have. If you are reading this then you should never have the thought that you don't have enough. (I'm blunt that way...deal with it) It means you at the very least have access to a computer which in turn means you have more than enough. I am not pointing fingers at anyone, I have no one in particular in mind, but if you are at all upset by this or think I'm being too harsh then you probably have at least some form of a guilty conscience and  should reevaluate your priorities and listen to what the Spirit is telling you right now...I'm just sayin'...
I also want you to understand that I judge no one for what they have or how much they have, at all, whatsoever. If you have a lot, good for you just remember it's always more than you NEED. Whether you have a lot or a little if you have Jesus you have all that you need. I know I do. I used to believe that I needed more crap, more money, more friends, more horsepower, etc. I desired the things of this world much much more than I desired a relationship with Christ. I desired more ME than I desired anything else. You know what that did for me? I overdosed on drugs (more than once) I've stolen from people, including family. My relationships were epic failures. My life was an epic failure.
I was lonely and depressed and in denial about how horrible I had chosen to make my life. No, not a typo, I chose to make my life horrible because I chose to fantasize about how I was making my life awesome. I was kinda dumb.
What happened when I gave my life (literally not just figuratively) to Christ is that a weight was lifted. I no longer was doing it myself nor was I focusing on myself. Christ gave me the light into my darkness and for that I need to thank Him. And by thank Him I mean do as He commands and love Him with all that I am and love His people (all of them) with what I have left. Now back to my rant. I will end it with this...The reason I even went on the rant in the first place is, how can we be obeying His commands if we are whining that we don't have enough. Merely by putting ourselves that far out in front of everyone else (God included) we are already disobeying.

"Good works are not the way to salvation, but the result." I can't remember who said that but it was someone more in tune with Christ than me. We don't do to become saved, we do because we are saved. (that was all me...lol) That is how we thank God for His grace. That is how we thank Him for His mercy. And that is how we thank Him for His Son.

...Also remember that no matter what I put on here or how I put it, I love you, always will.

1 comment: